RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

MISCELLANEOUS

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  700  701  702  703  704  ...  751  752  »» 
Kozmik
#10516 | Posted: 19 Aug 2016 18:31
Surprised they don't send a meter reader to make sure nobody is abstracting electricity for free, at least once a year! If for example the supply company heard someone was growing weed in the building, they would be round like a shot, you get me.
dark star
#10517 | Posted: 20 Aug 2016 17:50
Hello Honky Tonks......you are awful, but i like you.
Joe
#10518 | Posted: 20 Aug 2016 19:08
dark star:
Hello Honky Tonks......you are awful, but i like you.

MISS!!!
skipman
#10519 | Posted: 21 Aug 2016 16:39
Micro Soft issued a windows 10 anniversary update. It did not go down well with those who like to skype and there are a lot of skype users.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/76719/microsoft-broken-millions-webcams-w indows-10-anniversary-update

The comments make good reading.
quark1
#10520 | Posted: 21 Aug 2016 22:06 | Edited by: quark1
We've had a few comedy pieces recently and here's another from one of the greatest standups ever (imho) sadly missed.

Banking and Shopping - the great Dave Allen.

Also been watching a lot of Hale and Pace - another very and thankfully un-PC pair. Check them out to remind yourselves of when comedy was truly funny. Meanwhile enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYt9eow1ZyQ
nordsee220
#10521 | Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:58 | Edited by: nordsee220
BROKEN WEBCAM? BLAME MICROSHAFT!

Millions of Windows 10 users are finding that since the "anniversary update" of that horrible operating system, their webcams seem to have given up the ghost, especially if Skyping.
This appears to have been an intentional outcome of the update as Microshaft has reduced the number of file formats that can be used.
Once millions of people began complaining, the OS giant realised it had to do something and a patch is on the way, but won't be released until September. (And that's 30 days long!)

Thers is a temporary fix. If you are comfortable tweaking the registry, make this change: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform, add DWORD "EnableFrameServerMode" and set to 0, you will then need to restart Skype.

If you're NOT happy tweaking the registry, you are temporarily at least, shafted.

Isn't it about time those oligarchs at Microshaft realised how sick to the back teeth we are that "daddy knows best"?
nordsee220
#10522 | Posted: 22 Aug 2016 17:16 | Edited by: nordsee220
Webcam? What about my f^cking printer?

Seems MicroSHAFT, in their wisdom, have deleted the drivers for my printer. Old, yes, Epson RX425 but it was working fine til these c^nts decided I should buy a new one with their latest update.

Next c^nt that says "save the planet" gets a kick in the cock!

UPDATE: I managed to find drivers for it and install the thing yet again. OK, you may say, no big deal but why in hell do Microshaft do these things? Why uninstall something that's working perfectly well, say that no drivers are available then finally admit there are drivers?

You don't need answer that one. It's because of CONSUMERISM. Scrapping perfectly good stuff to buy the latest, more fasionable piece of kit.

If any government was worth its cross in the box it would give organisations like Microshaft a bloody good slap. That won't happen of course.

No government is going to bite the hand that feeds it.

It all does make being green a load of tosh.

"GREENWASH" - the new whitewash!
skipman
#10523 | Posted: 23 Aug 2016 23:00
American universities are going through some major changes as they are at odds with the thought police's policies.

Many professors are being vilified some are having positions with held. Why you ask?

They are holding courses on subjects that are forbidden e.g. 9/11 and its effects on the worlds Muslims. Or posting tweets that are considered anti semitic e.g. why is Israel firing missiles at U.N. designated safe sites? They are not thinking the correct thoughts that must now be instilled into the students of today.

Universities must no longer teach an individual to question facts and test the evidence. There is a new paradigm on the campus and creative thought is no longer on the syllabus.

This is a long article,it covers a lot of ground. Being written by an academic it is very well argued,something that will not go down well in some quarters.

I liked the comparison to the old American founding fathers way of handling the native Indians by referring to them as savages, versus we civilized,in order to kill and take their land. To today's American politicians statements on the Muslim terrorists, hating our freedoms. In order to kill and take their natural resources.

http://ahtribune.com/in-depth/1147-thought-police.html
skipman
#10524 | Posted: 23 Aug 2016 23:13
Why is the American press so anti Trump yet pro Hillary,despite all the revelations about her?

It might have something to do with the amount of money that has been given to her campaign by the media. They want to see a return on their investment.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/solid-evidence-that-the-media-is-biased-aga inst-donald-trump
nordsee220
#10525 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 11:26 | Edited by: nordsee220
BREAD AND CIRCUSES

There's an online petition to have Mo Farrah awarded a knighthood.

IMHO it's just like Yuri Bezmenov says: FALSE HEROES.

"What do you do?" "I'm a fireman, a lifeboat crewman, a mountain rescue team member etc."

"Step aside!"

"What do YOU do?" "I'm an actor, a singer, I can run fast or jump in the air."
"HERE! HAVE AN AWARD!"

Anyway, where did all these super athletes come from? Time was when Britain was best at being shoite!
skipman
#10526 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 21:52
The American people are learning to be leary of so called poll results.

Who is teaching them? that great British T.V. program Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister.

It shows them how polling really works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLhFXkvugLM
nordsee220
#10527 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 22:00
nordsee220:
Anyway, where did all these super athletes come from?

Just as a coincidence, Jeff (from Wheatley Hill) I posted that BEFORE I knew that Richard was going to discuss the Olympics and Team GB....
nordsee220
#10528 | Posted: 26 Aug 2016 23:21
Italian hams aid earthquake response
rsgb | August 26, 2016

Following the magnitude 6.2 earthquake that struck central Italy on 24 August, Italian radio amateurs are active in the emergency response.

Please keep 7060kHz clear, along with other Emergency Centre of Activity frequencies in the 80 and 40m bands for emergency communications within Italy.

No external assistance is required at this time.

The Italian radio amateur groups are following their planned response with their government.

Any requests for information on missing persons should be made via the Red Cross or other recognised relief organisations.

Category: Front Page News, GB2RS Headlines
skipman
#10529 | Posted: 26 Aug 2016 23:45
One third of Hillalry Clinton's aide's e-mails have been redacted as to sensitive for congress to see.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/13-of-abedin-emails-100-redacted/#vBXCVRfHIGAk41PJ.99

I wonder of they will be part of the Wiki leaks release?
nordsee220
#10530 | Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:48 | Edited by: nordsee220
VICTORY!

I mentioned that my mother, living in a care home, has been ORDERED by British Gas to give meter readings. The problem is the meters are in a meter house to which the approx 50 residents don't have access.

I tried to explain this to BG who replied with veiled threats about her being in breach of contract, if she didn't give the readings.

So, I challenged BG to cut off her supply and referred the matter to OFGEM.

Amazingly, after numerous emails and BG saying it had to be done their way, they've now backed down and will send a meter reader, every 3 months, the way it used to be done.

They also apologised for the distress they caused.

My concern is this: What do people do when they don't have the fight I have in them? These maniacs in power need putting to shame and a damned good dressing down.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT FACELESS BULLIES PLAYING KEYBOARD WARRIORS WITH THE ELDERLY AND INFIRM!
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  700  701  702  703  704  ...  751  752  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®