RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

MISCELLANEOUS

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  689  690  691  692  693  ...  760  761  »» 
skipman
#10351 | Posted: 20 Apr 2016 22:12
Computer took its time getting started.

Turns out,without my say so I have been updated to windows 10. I have to redo all my passwords. I cannot find anything in my bookmarks,anyone know how I can get them back?
Joe
#10352 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 11:39 | Edited by: Joe
Skipman, try this site to revert back to you other operating system if you wish: URL

This site may help you get your "bookmarks" back if you wish to keep Windows 10: URL

Every time there is a Windows update, Microsoft always puts "Window 10" automatically in the "Options" area ready for download (if you do not have it already) without you selecting it; I always watch out for this myself and deselect "Windows 10" each time there is an update.
Desdichado
#10353 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 12:57
Joe:
Every time there is a Windows update, Microsoft always puts "Window 10" automatically in the "Options" area ready for download (if you do not have it already) without you selecting it; I always watch out for this myself and deselect "Windows 10" each time there is an update.

Thanks for the heads up Joe. I got something the other day from MS asking if I want to 'schedule and appointment' with them so they can update me to Windows 10. I didn't respond.
skipman
#10354 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 17:44
Hi Joe thanks for the links.

After asking for help on this site,my wife tried to sort things out for me. Said I must have clicked the update to windows 10,which I certainly did not.

She then told me I was not on windows 10,it looked like another version of 8.1 but that update was done on the 14/04/16.

Switching back on today, the computer is back to normal,same desktop and all the bookmarks are back. I have no idea what or why the computer did what it did.
Joe
#10355 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 19:35
skipman:
Switching back on today, the computer is back to normal,same desktop and all the bookmarks are back. I have no idea what or why the computer did what it did.

Curiouser and curiouser! I blame the wife!
Desdichado
#10356 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 20:45 | Edited by: Desdichado
Now Prince has died. 2016 has been a lousy year so far. Bowie, Rickman, Gareth Thomas, Victoria Wood Merle Haggard, and now Prince. I always liked him and thought he was a pretty shit-hot guitarist as well as a clever guy who screwed over Warner Bros. RIP.
skipman
#10357 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 21:51
Desdichado:
Gareth Thomas

Blakes Seven,I will never forgive the beeb for that ending.
skipman
#10358 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 22:48 | Edited by: skipman
Joe:
I blame the wife!

I am not that brave/stupid
SPIRAL
#10359 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 22:53
With where things are going you need to dump windows & adopt Ubuntu or Linux, it's free & you don't need all that expensive anti whatever ware
skipman
#10360 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 22:58
Desdichado:
Now Prince has died

What was he doing getting a flu shot at this time of year?

http://newstarget.com/2016-04-21-legendary-rock-musician-prince-dies-after-being-trea ted-for-the-flu.html
skipman
#10361 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 23:03
SPIRAL:
With where things are going you need to dump windows & adopt Ubuntu or Linux,

I am not computer literate Spiral,can my e-mails and book marks all work? Do you have to learn new procedures?
Desdichado
#10362 | Posted: 21 Apr 2016 23:07
skipman:
What was he doing getting a flu shot at this time of year?

Chemtrail flu? Allegedly, it killed Merle Haggard not too long ago. http://www.infowars.com/did-the-chemtrail-flu-kill-prince-and-merle-haggard/
nordsee220
#10363 | Posted: 22 Apr 2016 14:09
Windows 10 can be ok but you'll probably not want to use the following which come as part of it:

Mail (inbuilt email app - I use Windows Live Mail 2012)
"Edge" (web browser - I use Firefox from Mozilla).

I'd suggest to anyone wanting or having to "upgrade" to Win 10 they get hold of a back issue of "WebUser" magazine, issue 384, 18 Nov to 1 Dec 2015. Published by Dennis Publishing, 30 Cleveland St, London W1t 4JD. Cover price 2.

Skippy you may have to tell your browser to import your bookmarks from EDGE. If not using Firefox can I suggest you install it and it will ask if you wish to import bookmarks. Failing that they are probably located in C:>Users>"your name">favourites
Desdichado
#10364 | Posted: 22 Apr 2016 16:59
skipman:
Blakes Seven,I will never forgive the beeb for that ending.

One of my favourite sci-fi shows was that. The sets were a bit iffy but the acting was great. 'Teleport now!' and 'down and safe'. Is Avon still alive? He must be knocking on a bit by now. I know the guy who was the voice of Zen, Orac, and Slave (Peter Tuddenham) passed away, as did Peter Jackson (Gan).
nordsee220
#10365 | Posted: 22 Apr 2016 19:25
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  689  690  691  692  693  ...  760  761  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®