RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

MISCELLANEOUS

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  206  207  208  209  210  ...  751  752  »» 
Planettraveller
#3106 | Posted: 20 May 2011 00:40
Cheers Starseed.Great forum.Why are people so thick and blind as too what is really going on.Has it not occured to people that here and in the U.S. that even after an election and change of goverment that the same ugly bastards are still in the frame!!!! They just move on to the E.U. and control us from there.Now Obama is talkin about offering aid to the arab countrys.EH!! Were has their money appeared from.They raise money for Americas poor and needy on American Idol.Do you reckon ive got a gas leak thats sending me crazy or am I onto them? (did have a huge gas bill last quarter)
infiniteawareness
#3107 | Posted: 20 May 2011 11:05
SOURCE-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

Time as "unreal"
"In 5th century BC Greece, Antiphon the Sophist, in a fragment preserved from his chief work On Truth held that: "Time is not a reality (hypostasis), but a concept (noma) or a measure (metron)." Parmenides went further, maintaining that time, motion, and change were illusions, leading to the paradoxes of his follower Zeno.[36] Time as an illusion is also a common theme in Buddhist thought.[37][38]

J. M. E. McTaggart's 1908 The Unreality of Time argues that, since every event has the characteristic of being both present and not present (i.e. future or past), that time is a self-contradictory idea (see also The flow of time).

These arguments often center around what it means for something to be "unreal". Modern physicists generally consider time to be as "real" as space, though others such as Julian Barbour in his book The End of Time, argue that quantum equations of the universe take their true form when expressed in the timeless configuration spacerealm containing every possible "Now" or momentary configuration of the universe, which he terms 'platonia'.[39] (See also: Eternalism (philosophy of time).)"

In my opinion "Time is an illusion"...anyone agree or disagree?

If possible, our task should be to explain to the young people of today that "Time" is an illusion and they are trapped in a time based religion, a system of control. We are not totally free until we explode the myth.
Starseed
#3108 | Posted: 20 May 2011 11:18 | Edited by: Starseed
infiniteawareness:

Well, you are going to get old then die, i`m sorry to have to tell you. BUT Brian Cox refuses to wear a watch because there is no such thing as 'time'. He once said that the correct answer when someone asks you the time is to say you don't know, because no one really knows. It was a philosophical point, as well as a scientific one. "I can't even tell you at the moment what 'at the moment' means," he added, just to clear things up.

But when I ask if that is the reason he doesn't wear a watch, he says: "No, I just use the clock on my mobile."

LOL!
quark1
#3109 | Posted: 20 May 2011 13:58 | Edited by: quark1
Just a quick reprise to Casbolt - I think he's rather miffed (public forum!) at not being chosen for the part of Jared in The Pretender and is trying to 'prove', via his own fantasy, that the producers made a bad choice!

For the record, I did enjoy the series as a work of fiction as I do many other sci-fi and thriller based genres.

I think Richard's powers of self-control vis a vis laughter during an interview have been well-honed over the years of hearing such things.
quark1
#3110 | Posted: 20 May 2011 14:34
Hey folks - do you owe any money - just like our bankrupt country?

Well here's the answer to all your prayers - go out today and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND - preferably someone else's money.....why.....take a butchers here....laffed me sox off!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388972/Judgment-Day-Rapture-Parties-planned- evangelist-Harold-Camping-predicts-huge-earthquake.html

But seriouly PLEASE don't go out and do that - I'm sure a bill will drop through your door come Monday!

Just like all cons - you can BUY your way out of a situation for a price - just look at the way the 'salvation' price for your pets has risen.

Well goodbye folks (if its true), I'm on my way DOWN to the 'warm' place if I believe everything I hear - if not I'll catch up with you soon - he he!
skipman
#3111 | Posted: 20 May 2011 14:52
Did the Mail mention that his earlier prediction about the worlds end was wrong?
quark1
#3112 | Posted: 20 May 2011 14:56
Oh yes!
skipman
#3113 | Posted: 20 May 2011 14:57
infiniteawareness:

Good question. The best answer I could give would be a poem I read many years ago. Iy is quite true in my case.

When I was a child that slept,time crept.
When I was a boy that talked,time walked.
When I grew to be a man,time ran.
As I older grew,time flew.
infiniteawareness
#3114 | Posted: 20 May 2011 15:43
skipman:
infiniteawareness: In my opinion "Time is an illusion"...anyone agree or disagree?
Good question. The best answer I could give would be a poem I read many years ago. Iy is quite true in my case.

When I was a child that slept,time crept.
When I was a boy that talked,time walked.
When I grew to be a man,time ran.
As I older grew,time flew.

I appreciate your poem; it's very good but all it does is explain about the rat-race which all of us on here know about already including some of the millions of sheeple in the country.

THERE ARE PEOPLE DYING AND SUFFERING AS WE SPEAK INCLUDING BRITISH, AFRICAN, ASIAN ETC. ETC.

It's about time we started taking the problem seriously and at least agreeing on a way forward. We owe it to the younger generation to educate and inform them of the trap they are in and how to get out of it through CO-OPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING. As i have said before it is a process to get to the truth and to be liberated but there may come a time when we have to do something practical on a large scale and yes it will take time. Everyone on here does their best to in form and wake people up but we have to ask ourselves are we going down the right road, is there another way?

Philip
Planettraveller
#3115 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:32
infiniteawareness
You are so right.Many people dont even have water???? What the hell is all that about in this day and age.Now Obama says there will be aid for the arabs.What about the rest of Africa? Could it be that they arnt swimming on top of the blackstuff like the arabs also it keeps the population down if we dont give help to the rest of Africa.There is enough money floating about this sad little planet to make everyone on it a millionaire.Shame on these goverments shame on you!!!!
Starseed
#3116 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:35
quark1:
Well here's the answer to all your prayers - go out today and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND - preferably someone else's money.....why.....take a butchers here....laffed me sox off!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388972/Judgment-Day-Rapture-Parties-planned- evangelist-Harold-Camping-predicts-huge-earthquake.html

Firstly - I`ll be taking the piss out of this delusional prick on the 22nd. BUT nothing like the way I will be ripping a new arse hole for every sad fuck on the 22nd Dec. 2012. Get ready fools!

Ha Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Starseed
#3117 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:40
infiniteawareness:
We owe it to the younger generation to educate and inform them of the trap they are in and how to get out of it through CO-OPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING. As i have said before it is a process to get to the truth and to be liberated but there may come a time when we have to do something practical on a large scale and yes it will take time. Everyone on here does their best to in form and wake people up but we have to ask ourselves are we going down the right road, is there another way?

Sorry mate - anyone with kids in school knows full well that the brainwashing starts young and is well organised. I suspect that heads are all Common Purpose anyway (in these parts and I suspect nationally). It is constant and well organised. I am aware of it and try to counter it - most parents ARE cattle though - as you will appreciate - and their kids are already nice compliant little robots with no ability to think or question.
quark1
#3118 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:43
I am probably one of the older peeps here and can remember, more years ago than I can to quantify, that when I was at school there was often a penny/halfpenny collection for the black/brown babies of Africa. It was, of course, a very good cause.

What I have significantly understood, as I grew older, is that no matter how much money was thrown at some problems - they would still persist. Even today we are sending food aid to places which should be the breadbaskets of their region (eg Zimbabwe ruined by Mugabe).

It strikes me that one solution might be for the world to collaborate to heal the ills of a single nation - perhaps the poorest by definition. The only condition being that all conflict stop, political/military, and that the entire nation place their effort behind the help provided.

If other nations could see the worst example brought to a reasonable level of prosperity when resources are properly channelled - perhaps others would follow?

I know it is a Utopian ideal - but has this ever been tried?

I don't think so and piecemeal aid will only serve to patch the holes on an already scuppered situation and allow corruption to persist unchecked.
Starseed
#3119 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:47
Planettraveller:
You are so right.Many people dont even have water???? What the hell is all that about in this day and age.Now Obama says there will be aid for the arabs.What about the rest of Africa? Could it be that they arnt swimming on top of the blackstuff like the arabs also it keeps the population down if we dont give help to the rest of Africa.There is enough money floating about this sad little planet to make everyone on it a millionaire.Shame on these goverments shame on you!!!!

Vote TRUTH party. Seriously, another slogan.

Max Keiser reckons that the hyperinflation in Zimbabwe has caused them to adopt a gold standard which will lead to massive investment in the country?
Starseed
#3120 | Posted: 20 May 2011 16:52
quark1:
It strikes me that one solution might be for the world to collaborate to heal the ills of a single nation - perhaps the poorest by definition. The only condition being that all conflict stop, political/military, and that the entire nation place their effort behind the help provided.

Don`t forget that we give these 'developing' countries money, based on the understanding that they DO NOT develop. IF they were allowed to open cheap fossil fuelled power stations (like China) they would in no time be exactly like China. They would be offering us loans. The picture painted in the MSM is what they want us to think. Monckton put it best in this speech:

http://youtu.be/4zOXmJ4jd-8

Enjoy someone with real intellect for a change...
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  206  207  208  209  210  ...  751  752  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®