RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

HEALTH

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  240  241  242  243  244  245  246 
skipman
#3676 | Posted: 18 Jun 2017 14:44
skipman
#3677 | Posted: 19 Jun 2017 22:09
dreamkatcher
#3678 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 08:00
I learned something (among the many that I didnt know) - the ambulance service is not one of the emergency services. Their conditions of work are different to the Police & Fire Brigade. They dont retire at 50 or 55 with a good pension. They work until the required time they are allowed to retire. Can you imagine a lot of Paramedics carrying a patient down from a high-rise when the lift is broken when theyre 64?

I know this is true as I have a very close related Paramedic in our family. Theyve not had a rise again but were offered 1%! I wonder where people would have been in London recently, & Manchester without them.

Just another bit of information not a lot of people know. They have a few who comment & sign their name.

DK
nordsee220
#3679 | Posted: 21 Jul 2017 14:24 | Edited by: nordsee220
TUBULAR HELL

I went to the dentist today for mine and my mother's checkups. I was fine but mother has some signs of deterioration of her lower teeth. The dentist prescribed Colgate Duraphat high fluoride toothpaste (5mg/g). That's three times the fluoride content of normal toothpaste. I questioned him over the use of such and he became very defensive, stating it was perfectly safe to use so I took mam home and opened a pack to read the patient information leaflet. It reads:

"Duraphat toothpaste has a high fluoride content. Fluoride drops,....fluoridated water ... should be avoided during the use of Duraphat.

I went back to both the pharmacist who dispensed this and the dentist who prescribed it to ask their advice as it also say in the leaflet "Ask your dentist or pharmacist concerning this matter".

Despite both advising that it was nothing to worry about and that fluoride was perfectly safe, when I questioned them about the amount ingested and the fact my mother lives in a fluoridated water area, neither would agree to put in writing on officially headed paper that there was nothing to worry about. The dentist did say that if my mother wanted to go ahead with the treatment she should drink bottled water.

Finally, the leaflet warns against swallowing what it describes as "too much of the toothpaste" over "several months and years" adding that you may experience dental fluorosis and/or bone fluorosis. It doesn't specify an amount that is "too much" nor does it quantify how many months (and years) are "several".
dreamkatcher
#3680 | Posted: 27 Jul 2017 13:16
50 REASONS TO OPPOSE FLUORIDATION
By Paul Connett, PhD (updated in September 2012)
Introduction

Dr. Paul Connett
In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water.

In the U.S., about 70% of public water supplies are fluoridated. This equates to approximately 185 million people, which is over half the number of people drinking artificially fluoridated water worldwide. Some countries have areas with high natural fluoride levels in the water. These include India, China and parts of Africa. In these countries measures are being taken to remove the fluoride because of the health problems that fluoride can cause.

Fluoridation is a bad medical practice

1) Fluoride is the only chemical added to water for the purpose of medical treatment. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies fluoride as a drug when used to prevent or mitigate disease (FDA 2000). As a matter of basic logic, adding fluoride to water for the sole purpose of preventing tooth decay (a non-waterborne disease) is a form of medical treatment. All other water treatment chemicals are added to improve the water's quality or safety, which fluoride does not do.

2) Fluoridation is unethical. Informed consent is standard practice for all medication, and one of the key reasons why most of Western Europe has ruled against fluoridation. With water fluoridation we are allowing governments to do to whole communities (forcing people to take a medicine irrespective of their consent) what individual doctors cannot do to individual patients.

Put another way: Does a voter have the right to require that their neighbor ingest a certain medication (even if it is against that neighbor's will)?

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

DK
nordsee220
#3681 | Posted: 28 Jul 2017 20:08
Hi DK and thank's for the feedback.

I did have a stand-up, not quite heated discussion with the dentist who tells me he is German. I asked why Germany doesn't fluoridate its water and at that point he actually walked out of the surgery saying it was my choice whether or not my mother used the high fluoride toothpaste. I told him it ISN'T my choice but my mother's and she, at 88 really needed someone to tell her the truth.

I think he was flustered.

I advised my mother that the patient leaflet says fluoridated water should be "avoided" when using the toothpaste and that his later advice was to use bottled water. My mother replied, "Bugger that!"...

I think that says it all.
skipman
#3682 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 12:57
Could Royal Raymond Rife finally get the recognition he deserves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3BHBnEQyg
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  240  241  242  243  244  245  246 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®