RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

HEALTH

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  136  137  138  139  140  ...  250  251  »» 
Joe
#2056 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 16:32
wensam:
but Im afraid that is part of the flavour. Hope that's helpful, enjoy!

Thank you for the info wensam. I'm not sure if they all taste that way or whether some are not as bitter as others, however I will try to experiment with other varieties.
wensam
#2057 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 16:58
Joe:
I'm not sure if they all taste that way or whether some are not as bitter as others,

They are all bitter- a real delicacy- posh nosh in Pakistan! Very good with lamb- my partner goes wild for Kerele Gosht.
Arrmand
#2058 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 21:37
Hi gang I got a question on Thursday of last week I was at the UCLH in (uni college London Hosital) I was having a heart scan at the nuclear medicine dept I was injected with two drugs I cannot remember the name but its used with a gamma camera, was wondering if any of you have any information on this stuff they used on me ever since the test, I am sweating so badly when I bring my dog back home from his walks, thought it could be due to the crazy weather we been happening, my blog link down below shows some of the pictures I took when I was in the hospital.

www.arrmand.blogspot.com
Joe
#2059 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 22:34 | Edited by: Joe
Hello Arrmand, I think below will answer some of you questions from a website I found below. The rest is on here: URL

"What will I experience during and after the procedure?Except for intravenous injections, most nuclear medicine procedures are painless and are rarely associated with significant discomfort or side effects.

When the radiotracer is given intravenously, you will feel a slight pin prick when the needle is inserted into your vein for the intravenous line. When the radioactive material is injected into your arm, you may feel a cold sensation moving up your arm, but there are generally no other side effects.

You will be asked to exercise until you are either too tired to continue or short of breath, or if you experience chest pain, leg pain, or other discomfort that causes you to want to stop.

If you are given a medication to increase blood flow because you are unable to exercise, the medication may induce a brief period of feeling anxious, dizzy, nauseous, shaky or short of breath. Mild chest discomfort may also occur. Any symptoms that do develop typically resolve as soon as the infusion is complete. In rare instances, if the side effects of the medication are severe or make you too uncomfortable, other drugs can be given to stop the effects.

It is important that you remain still while the images are being recorded. Though nuclear imaging itself causes no pain, there may be some discomfort from having to remain still or to stay in one particular position during imaging.

Unless your physician tells you otherwise, you may resume your normal activities after your nuclear medicine scan. If any special instructions are necessary, you will be informed by a technologist, nurse or physician before you leave the nuclear medicine department.

Through the natural process of radioactive decay, the small amount of radiotracer in your body will lose its radioactivity over time. It may also pass out of your body through your urine or stool during the first few hours or days following the test. You should also drink plenty of water to help flush the radioactive material out of your body as instructed by the nuclear medicine personnel."
Arrmand
#2060 | Posted: 28 Feb 2012 09:32
Thanks for that Joe,
I did not feel any of those side effects during the procedure just a little cold at times that place can be so bloody cold, just after I phone one of my doctor friends I remember from my days of working in the NHS, he said that my body is trying to get all the crap out of me now, and that its to be expected sweat being the body's natural cleaner.

Can't complain really, means I can have a shower 2 times a day lol, but its making the washing machine work its arse off lol.
Joe
#2061 | Posted: 28 Feb 2012 12:34
Arrmand:
Can't complain really, means I can have a shower 2 times a day lol, but its making the washing machine work its arse off lol.

You use the washing machine as well?

I use a shower sometimes, but I've never tried getting into a washing machine to wash - what's it like? You maybe getting the symptoms you describe if you put the machine on spin-dry, leave that part of the cycle out - may help.

Good luck with it Arrmand.
Arrmand
#2062 | Posted: 28 Feb 2012 13:38
Joe:
Good luck with it Arrmand.

lol I mean my clothing I have to change daily I am using my so much clothing and bedding cause of sweating its all having to be changed a lot more than usual, I might do a wash once or twice a week, but since my trip to the UCLH its been every two days.

I'm just wondering if its to do with my life style, I eat healthy grow my own food, and have a healthy veggie diet, maybe my body is working over time trying to clean its self out or it could be mixed in with the medication I am already taking?

I just don't know really.
Joe
#2063 | Posted: 28 Feb 2012 14:23
Arrmand:
I'm just wondering if its to do with my life style, I eat healthy grow my own food, and have a healthy veggie diet, maybe my body is working over time trying to clean its self out or it could be mixed in with the medication I am already taking?

I just don't know really.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things Arrmand. If your recent problem of sweating has just started, I think you can almost certainly put it down to the drugs they have just given you. "Elementary my dear Watson"

The sweating must be uncomfortable for you, but not a life-threatening condition. As you say, this is one of the ways the body cleanses itself.
dreamkatcher
#2064 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 00:19
Joe:
As you say, this is one of the ways the body cleanses itself.

Agree.
Arrmand
#2065 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 11:35
its slowing down a little its not been so bad today, I must not forget the weather we are having its kind of strange for this time of year, the conditions outside are quite pleasant a few times I have been able to take my dog out with out the use of a jacket, but its nice to think my body got rid of all those toxins a lot faster.
nordsee220
#2066 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 13:11
INGREDIENTS (GREATEST FIRST): Wheat Flour, Salt, Yeast Extract (also contains salt), Maize Starch, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium Guanylate, Ammonia Caramel, Beef Fat, Autolysed Yeast Extract etc....

What am I describing? (No prizes unfortunately.)

"BEEF" OXO CUBES

That's them off my shopping list then...

Or perhaps a new sales slogan, "OXO - A Coronary in a Cube at a Stroke!"
Arrmand
#2067 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 13:36
nordsee220:
"OXO - A Coronary in a Cube at a Stroke!"

Makes me want to have a look at everything I have as a flavour additive to my cooking even thought I am veggie, its amazing what you can find on a packet and a quick web search to see what horrors your ingesting almost every day.
Joe
#2068 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 14:03

The poor animal gets killed first to make those OXO cubes!
nordsee220
#2069 | Posted: 29 Feb 2012 16:05
Joe:
The poor animal gets killed first to make those OXO cubes!

There's more Bull in the BBC than a lorry load of OXOs.

Re 'poor animal'. A veggie friend and I went for bait (Geordie lunch) when working on site one day. I ordered steak pie, he had a salad. He pointed out that the bull had probably gone through hell to become my pie. I asked what God given right he had to state that the lettuce he was chewing, probably still alive, felt no pain as he munched it, just because it couldn't squeal.
dreamkatcher
#2070 | Posted: 3 Mar 2012 13:18
NaturalNews) Based on the facts, U.S. Transportation Security Administration pat-downs and naked body scans belong at drug company factories, doctors' offices, and drug stores, rather than at American airports. A new report published in the British Medical Journal has found that dangerous antipsychotic drugs are responsible for killing at least 1,800 dementia patients a year, which means that more people are killed by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved dementia drugs every two years than died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

For their study, researchers from Harvard Medical School tracked more than 75,000 dementia patients living in nursing homes that were being prescribed antipsychotic drugs like haloperidol (Haldol) and quetiapine (Seroquel) for their conditions. Antipsychotic drugs are not typically administered to dementia patients, which means this is an "atypical" or "off-label" use of these drugs, despite the fact than an increasing number of doctors and nursing home personnel are prescribing them to dementia patients.

In the end, it was confirmed by the team that the use of antipsychotics by dementia patients is responsible for a surge in drug-related deaths, presumably as a result of negative side effects both internally to the body, and externally in the form of altered behavior. The findings also confirmed previous ones that identified an uptick in at least 1,800 additional deaths a year as a result of dementia patients taking antipsychotic drugs.

"For a minority of people with dementia, antipsychotics should be used, but then only for up to 12 weeks, and under the correct circumstances," said Dr. Anne Corbett, research manager at the Alzheimer's Society, commenting on the research. "For the majority (of patients), they do far more harm than good."

These 1,800 deaths, of course, are just the additional deaths caused by antipsychotic drugs when they are used for off-label purposes in those with dementia, which means there are tens of thousands -- and perhaps even hundreds of thousands -- of deaths every year in other patients taking antipsychotics for other purposes. This means that far more people die every single year than have ever died from so-called terrorist attacks.

According to the 2003 report Death by Medicine, which was authored by Drs. Gary Null, Carolyn Dean, Martin Feldman, Debora Rasio, and Dorothy Smith, more than 783,000 people in the U.S. die every year as a result of conventional medicine, which is more than 261 times more than the number who died on 9/11 (http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html).

You can read the entire Death by Medicine report here:
http://www.webdc.com/pdfs/deathbymedicine.pdf

So with all this in mind, why is the U.S. government's primary concern about terrorism these days when far more people die as a result of government-sanctioned medicine every single year?

Sources for this article include:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17138683

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035125_antipsychotic_drugs_fatalities_terrorism.html#ixzz1 o3jZUVJV
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  136  137  138  139  140  ...  250  251  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®