RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

BANKING & ECONOMY

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136 
nordsee220
#2026 | Posted: 13 Mar 2018 21:53
SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT?

Virgin Money's "Make 5 Grow" loan training idea for 9-11 year olds. My question is: If the proposed schoolkids' business ideas don't work to make a profit but lose the entire 5, is the kid in debt?

What is Make 5 Grow?

Make 5 Grow gives young people aged between 9 and 11 years old the experience of starting a small business using a 5 loan from Virgin Money.

Now in its sixth year, 800 primary schools and over 60,000 pupils have participated in the programme.
Benefits for pupils

The programme gives pupils an insight into how business works and helps them to build skills for the future, such as teamworking, problem solving, leadership, money management and creativity.

Engaging, educational and great fun, it delivers key elements of the National Curriculum.

Our simple programme gives you all the tools to teach pupils essential skills for life.
How It Works

It's easy and free of charge. Virgin Money provides lesson plans, resources and a loan of 5 per pupil.

The school keeps any profit made by the pupils' small businesses once the loan has been repaid.

https://make-5-grow.co.uk/?utm_campaign=VM23357_MAR18_EST_CUST&utm_content=251812076& utm_medium=email&utm_source=Master_MVM
skipman
#2027 | Posted: 8 Apr 2018 11:09
Talking about loans, the credit card companies are the new pay day loan sharks.

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/over-40-percent-of-workers-struggling-to-mak e-it-to-payday/
nordsee220
#2028 | Posted: 8 Apr 2018 15:30
skipman:
Talking about loans, the credit card companies are the new pay day loan sharks.

In the words of Ian R Crane (at the "shopping mall"):

"I looked around and suddenly realised, this place is full of people, buying shit they don't need, with money they don't have."

Just as long as people feel the need to buy the latest IPOS (interactive piece of shit), can't do without designer clothes and footwear, must have the latest fitted kitchen, wardrobes and bathroom, drive off road vehicles that only go off road when they're parked on the footpath outside the school and are too stupid or lazy to cook for themselves there will always be debt issues.

I learned 30 years ago, when I got into difficulties with credit cards and loans, having to sell my home to get out of the mess I'd gotten myself into (nobody forced me to sign for the things I honestly believed I "needed"), if I can't afford it with the money I have today, the answer is not to spend the money I don't yet have. I either have to wait, or simply do without.
nordsee220
#2029 | Posted: 1 May 2018 20:59
Hmm.. The Halifax (bank) has adopted a Wizard of Oz theme in its new advertising campaign.

I wonder what Bill Still would make of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U71-KsDArFM
skipman
#2030 | Posted: 3 May 2018 20:03
When the 2008 financial crisis happened, investigations showed the colossal amount of fraud that was going on. Not one perpetrator went to prison. The financial companies that committed those frauds, all of them, were prosecuted and fined. The fines were only 10% of the money that they had stolen. This meant that the scams they were using to fleece Joe public were very lucrative. If they were caught it meant a slap on the wrist and a deferred prosecution.

The down side of the no jail time prosecutions and minimal fines has emboldened the financial cockroaches to up their game.

There is a new documentary out that explains how all those involved in the financial sector including the watch dogs know what is going on but keeping quiet. The ramifications when it unravels will be epic.

https://www.henrymakow.com/2018/05/china-hustle.html
skipman
#2031 | Posted: 11 May 2018 17:28
skipman
#2032 | Posted: 19 May 2018 10:40
The Canadians are now finding out what it means when your prime minister signs over your own governments owned bank to private individuals. That and the prolific spending of his son the current prime minister.

https://www.henrymakow.com/2018/05/how-pierre-trudeau.html
skipman
#2033 | Posted: 24 May 2018 23:38
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-24/russia-finance-minister-we-are-ready-ditch- dollar-favor-euro

This statement comes with a caveat. Europe has to grow a pair and face up to Trump over Iran.
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®