RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

BANKING & ECONOMY

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  »» 
skipman
#1936 | Posted: 26 Jul 2016 18:08
Things are going to get very interesting in America.

They have 2,500 soldiers and their families trapped on a Turkish air base along with some nuclear weapons. Very little mention of it in the media. Well its not an embassy in Iran.

The election is going to be the most vociferous one yet. More about that later in another thread.

Then there is this trivial matter of sub prime loans that are about to explode big time,not houses this time but cars.

Many people have taken out 70 month loans at 15% on new and second hand cars.
Just like the houses, they have been given to people, who should never have been considered for a loan in the first place.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-25/subprime-snaps-largest-us-auto-subprime-lend er-delays-earnings-due-accounting-matter
skipman
#1937 | Posted: 2 Aug 2016 22:36
After an internal IMF report admits they got it wrong over the policies they forced onto Greece. Yanis Varoufakis. The Greek finance minister that they got sacked because he did not know what he was proposing. Gives his I told you I was right reply.

https://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2016/07/29/the-imf-confesses-it-immolated-greece-on-behalf -of-the-eurogroup/
nordsee220
#1938 | Posted: 5 Aug 2016 10:21 | Edited by: nordsee220
Following the Bank of England's base rate reduction from 0.5% to 0.25% I decided to read the small print sent to me by my bank.

I found this interesting little appendage in their pseudo Q&A section. (No pun intended.)

Q: Would you reduce your interest rates below zero?
A: At this stage it is too early to say what the impact of this unprecedented move would be: any decision regarding the management of a negative interest rate would be taken in context and considered very carefully.

Negative interest rate, hmm?????

Dear Mr Daftshoite,

Thank you for placing your money in our bank. Our fee for keeping it from you is -0.5% per annum. (Minus half a percentage point per annum.) We will be charging you for playing with your money and having a whale of a time on the gravy train.
Please be aware that should the bank go tits up it will be your job to bale us out. Please send the necessary cash, preferably in gold sovs to:

Our Hideaway
Nice and sunny
F^ck you
Up Yours
Somewhere abroad

Please be aware that if you try to withdraw our money, oops, YOUR money, we shall require a letter certifying your ID from two of your great, great, great grandparents, both of whom must be over the age of 150, of sound mind and body. Both must accompany you to the ATM or branch, IN THAT ORDER, furthest from your home. For your assistance, we are currently deploying an ATM on Mars.
The fee for use of this service will be 10% of the sum withdrawn.
nordsee220
#1939 | Posted: 7 Aug 2016 19:29
nordsee220:
Negative interest rate, hmm?????

Negative interest rates in the future?

NatWest have discussed plans to make interest rates negative for their business accounts, where savers will have to pay to deposit their money.

https://www.uswitch.com/blog/2016/08/04/bank-of-england-cuts-base-rate-bad-news-for-s avers-good-news-for-borrowers/?ref=email~insight~160804~uswitch&utm_campaign=insight& utm_content=160804&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uswitch&utm_term=banking-content-hero
skipman
#1940 | Posted: 1 Sep 2016 22:39
Do you remember a while ago people were asking for their gold of silver bullion and were not getting it?

Then Germany asked for its gold,was given a bit and promised the rest over a non determined period of time.

It all went quiet for a while,now it is starting again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-01/xetra-golds-responds-deutsche-banks-failure- deliver-physical-gold

If you do not hold it, you do not own it.
skipman
#1941 | Posted: 1 Sep 2016 23:04
nordsee220
#1942 | Posted: 8 Sep 2016 13:52
GOD HELP US WHEN WE GO CASHLESS

I bought two identical items on e**y and payed with p****l. Only one item was sent. The seller didn't respond to my query so I lodged a p****l claim for refund of the cost of the missing item.

Fortunately the seller then sent me the missing item with an apology. We all make mistakes so all ends ok BUT meanwhile p****l decided the fix was for me to return the item I hadn't received, for a refund.

Doomed we are. All doomed!
nordsee220
#1943 | Posted: 15 Sep 2016 19:56
BANKING SCAM

Received a cheque? Has it cleared? ARE YOU SURE???

In a nutshell, you receive a cheque for something you've sold and believe the thing has cleared because after a few days, the money is "in your account".

In reality, it can be WEEKS later that the money suddenly vanishes from your account AND you may face hefty banking charges.

The reason: The sender argues that there was an error on the cheque. It may be a few pence or several pounds.

The sting: Your bank cancels the funds from your account and returns them to the cheque sender's account.

Bullshit? I'm afraid not!

Read on: http://netcred.co.uk/security/overpayment-or-advance-payment-scam.html
skipman
#1944 | Posted: 16 Sep 2016 22:47
How much longer are people going to read about more bank abuses but no prosecutions?

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Wells_Fargo_CEO_Refuses_To_Resign_After_Massive_Fraud_ Exposed/54091/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Quite some time I imagine.
Desdichado
#1945 | Posted: 19 Sep 2016 22:07
I just closed down a savings account which I had. There wasn't a whole lot in it but I used it to salt away money for birthday and Christmas presents and the like. The bank decided to start charging me $25 a month for the privilege of keeping a couple of thousand dollars so I closed it down. I then received a 'what did we do wrong?' letter. I switched to a small local bank which charges me a nominal $5 fee for my current account and nothing for my savings, as long as I keep a $25 minimum balance.
Joe
#1946 | Posted: 20 Sep 2016 11:23 | Edited by: Joe
Desdichado:
'what did we do wrong?' letter.

I get responses like that from companies from time to time; it's like dealing with brain-damaged children (I cannot be bothered to reply to such stupidity).
Desdichado
#1947 | Posted: 20 Sep 2016 20:02
Joe:
I get responses like that from companies from time to time; it's like dealing with brain-damaged children (I cannot be bothered to reply to such stupidity).

I was tempted to reply, telling them I closed the account because they're a bunch of greedy bastards, but I didn't want to waste money on a stamp.
nordsee220
#1948 | Posted: 21 Sep 2016 14:29
Desdichado:
I was tempted to reply, telling them I closed the account because they're a bunch of greedy bastards, but I didn't want to waste money on a stamp.

Email?
skipman
#1949 | Posted: 21 Sep 2016 17:03
nordsee220:

Email?

It would probably go straight to spam.
Kozmik
#1950 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 15:48
Dear Mr. Daftshoite, thankyou for taking the time to complete our Where did we go wrong survey. Your feedback is irrelevant to us, and as you correctly surmise, we are only interested in further enrichment of our good selves, at the expense of yourself and your fellow mugs sorry customers.
Yours truly,
All Banks.
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®