RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

BANKING & ECONOMY

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  125  126  127  128  129  ...  135  136  »» 
skipman
#1891 | Posted: 16 Jan 2016 23:52
Its funny how T.V. shows tend to predict the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg
skipman
#1892 | Posted: 17 Jan 2016 21:57
Osbourne was talking about a new settlement with the banks.

He sacked the regulator who was coming down hard on them.

He makes the regulators drop a tax avoidance charge against HSBC.

Then removes a clause that would have made senior managers responsible for misconduct.

And best of all, as of the first of January a new law comes into effect.
When the banks go t#ts up,they can take the depositors money to stay solvent. Not that it will be any where near enough.

New settlement? Sounds like business as usual. Just leave enough in your accounts to pay your bills. Its not as if it is earning anything and it is certainly not safe.
skipman
#1893 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 17:25
Norway has now declared that it wishes to become a cashless society. They believe that a large percentage of cash is used for criminal conduct.

http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/36755/Bamboozlement-of-Bank-Runs-as-World-G oes-Cashless/
nordsee220
#1894 | Posted: 27 Jan 2016 13:54 | Edited by: nordsee220
skipman:
Norway has now declared that it wishes to become a cashless society. They believe that a large percentage of cash is used for criminal conduct.http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/36755/Bamboozlement-of-Bank-Runs-as -World-G oes-Cashless/

So, Norway seems to be making plans to go completely cashless. It appears that having cash leads to criminal activities.

Or is it that it's just far easier to tax people who, say, give you a hand to change your spare wheel or help you deliver your old bed to your daughter or maybe watch your kids for a couple of hours for a few bob in the hand?

http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/36755/Bamboozlement-of-Bank-Runs-as-World-G oes-Cashless/

At home it means if you spend more on your football, or hobbies, or beer than your partner would like you to spend it's all written down. That goes for shoes, makeup and handbags too, of course.
nordsee220
#1895 | Posted: 29 Jan 2016 09:13
I've had my bank account frozen twice in the past couple of weeks because of what Barclays called "unusual activity".

My next door neighbour's plasma TV is causing so much interference I can rarely use my ham radio gear, so I decided to sell most of it on ebay.

The unusual activity? I was receiving sums of anything from a few quid to a few hundred for things from a switch to a transceiver. So I was using my current account as, well, a current account, just the way we will have to in a cashless society.
With several hundred in my account I couldn't buy petrol and had to scrape together the change in my pocket, the few quid I keep for parking fees then leave my mobile phone and driving licence as security to go home and get more cash.

On the second occasion I was trying to transfer the insanely huge sum of 25 to my savings account and again my current account was frozen.

I had to actually phone Barclays and explain what I'd been up to!

IT'S NOT THEIR F* MONEY!

Why in hell can't people wake up and see what's going on?
Joe
#1896 | Posted: 29 Jan 2016 11:51 | Edited by: Joe
nordsee220:
On the second occasion I was trying to transfer the insanely huge sum of 25 to my savings account and again my current account was frozen.

I thought when a bank freezes someone's account; it is only to stop more money being taken out (not to stop money going in), due to lack of funds in that particular account. But you said that you had "several hundred"; so what was the bank's explanation for freezing your account?

Regarding your neighbour: Can you not interfere with his/her aerial/satellite dish in someway?
Kozmik
#1897 | Posted: 3 Feb 2016 19:18
According to various sites on t'net, we are due the mother of all recessions, just after we all successfully coped with the last one. Now banks are thinking in terms of Bail-Ins - taking our money if we're stupid enough to have a positive credit balance! So should we turn our dosh into gold dubloons & stash them under the bed?
And I'm not at all sure it's a good idea to bank with yer smartfone either!
Peace, Love & Light Everyone
skipman
#1898 | Posted: 4 Feb 2016 17:53 | Edited by: skipman
Kozmik:
According to various sites on t'net, we are due the mother of all recessions

You could say that the recession has already started Kozmik.

The European central bank,Switzerland,Denmark and Japan have all switched to negative interest rates. Economists are saying it is only a matter of time when other countries do the same.

There is a saying"For capitalism to work you need capital(money) to get capital you need savers,to get savers you need to pay them interest."

Not only is the bank going to charge you for putting your money in,there is a very good possibility you will not get it back out when you need it.

http://economiccollapsenews.com/2016/02/03/is-the-federal-reserve-preparing-u-s-banks -for-negative-interest-rates/

This year is definitely going to be an interesting one.
skipman
#1899 | Posted: 8 Feb 2016 22:09 | Edited by: skipman
The banking sector has taken the biggest hammering since 2007/8.It has had six straight weeks of decline. Duetche bank and Santander are very shaky,Italian banks are terrifiying.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/2007-all-over-again-banks-starting-to-implode/

Why is this,did not our billions get them on a good financial footing?

That is what the economists said,all except one.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/02/01/the-west-is-traveling-the-road-to-economic -ruin-paul-craig-roberts/

I think his book will be worth reading.
nordsee220
#1900 | Posted: 11 Feb 2016 22:28 | Edited by: nordsee220
Today it took me almost 15 minutes at a hole in the wall to withdraw 50. I kept getting an on screen message that the bank wasn't responding.

A lady next to me was having similar problems.

My bank? Barclays. Hers? I don't know.
skipman
#1901 | Posted: 16 Feb 2016 21:36
Do you remember the Mortgage Backed Securities Mess that was a leading cause in the financial collapse?

Well those very clever people at the European Central Bank, ECB, have come come up with a variation of them for "saving" the Italian banks.

http://wolfstreet.com/2016/02/14/italys-banking-crisis-spirals-elegantly-out-of-contr ol/

What did Einstein say about the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
nordsee220
#1902 | Posted: 22 Feb 2016 12:04 | Edited by: nordsee220
HALIFAX joins the throng.

So today I try to pay a bill online from mine and my mother's joint account with the HALIFAX.

Adequate funds in the account but can you guess? TRANSACTION BLOCKED!

Only last week I raised hell with that bunch of clowns over a similar matter and they apologised profusely after losing my proof of ID FOR THE THIRD TIME.

This can't just be coincidence!

Any monkey reading this who really believes the cashless society is a good thing, go and shake your head! These c*nts will see you starve so they can feather their own nests by stealing YOUR MONEY!
skipman
#1903 | Posted: 5 Mar 2016 12:47
One would think it amiss if a certain chancellor,had managed to sell off publicly owned assets. More than Thatcher,Blair and Brown combined and there was no MSN report about it.

Britain is well and truly on the verge.

http://www.europeanfinancialreview.com/?p=5625
skipman
#1904 | Posted: 5 Mar 2016 22:10
nordsee220:
Any monkey reading this who really believes the cashless society is a good thing, go and shake your head! These c*nts will see you starve so they can feather their own nests by stealing YOUR MONEY!

I would have thought there would be people like you nordsee,in Sweden raising bloody hell,are they being ignored by the MSN?

http://govtslaves.info/sweden-begins-5-year-countdown-until-it-eliminates-all-cash/
skipman
#1905 | Posted: 17 Mar 2016 21:46
The majority of the British papers were headlining the chancellors budget, their main topic of conversation was the sugar tax. Yes a tax on sugar was the main topic of their column inches.

Strangely, in the social media the main topic of ordinary people, was the cut in benefits, of those who are disabled. Those who need help getting washed and dressed etc.

The conclusion of those on social media was that the chancellor was making the disabled pay for his tax cuts. How very perceptive of them. Could this be the start of other things the greater public become aware of?

Duetche Bank was suffering a catastrophic fall in the value of its shares. Technically it was insolvent. Then Mario Drahgi announces that the ECB will be increasing its Quantitative Easing. It started buying,at full price,Deutche banks toxic assets. Then their shares started to increase,problem solved,for now.
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  125  126  127  128  129  ...  135  136  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®