RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

TV SHOW & EVENTS

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  »» 
skipman
#5536 | Posted: 3 Jun 2016 00:22
For those who are still awake,Richards show is available for viewing.
SPIRAL
#5537 | Posted: 5 Jun 2016 20:27 | Edited by: SPIRAL
Great new show Richard, it's good not having the 1 hour time limit too.

Not keen on the new theme music tho (old git that I am) , I preferred the original guitar one. from the early days lol.

Posting it here & there for more people to see ;-)
Kozmik
#5538 | Posted: 10 Jun 2016 17:37
SPIRAL:
I preferred the original guitar one.

I like the "2nd" version myself - must be an old git too. Great to see some new shows though.
Desdichado
#5539 | Posted: 17 Jun 2016 20:42
Great show Richard. I enjoyed the wee travelogue at the beginning. So what's the deal with Brian Cox? Is he suddenly the go-to person for an opinion on animal mutilation? I mean, what the hell does he know about it, or is it just that the gullible viewing public hang on his every word when it comes to science? He could spout any old guff and people would treat it like Holy Writ.

Carl Sagan's pronouncements were treated the same way, even though he said off the record that he believed that aliens had visited us. I believe he told Hynek as much.
SPIRAL
#5540 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 13:13
Not impressed with Kollerstrom, he can't stick to topic or follow a narrative, it was like watching RDH trying to herd frogs.
Kozmik
#5541 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 19:27
SPIRAL:
he can't stick to topic or follow a narrative,

Yes, but some intelligent people do come across like that. I'm still interested in what he's got to say though.
Desdichado
#5542 | Posted: 30 Jun 2016 20:08 | Edited by: Desdichado
Kollerstrom's a bit off on his facts, at least as far as the bombing of Germany goes. Richard rightly pointed out that the Luftwaffe were bombing civilians before the RAF did. Warsaw and Rotterdam were both devastated in 1939 and 1940 and long before the Blitz began.

The Luftwaffe's assault on London began on September 7th, 1940 but before that, civilian targets were attacked in Norwich, Southampton, Newport, and even little Wick up in Caithness were bombed, though in fairness, the bombers were aiming for factories and storage depots, but there were sited near concentrated areas of civilians.

On August 24th, 1940, German bombers were dispatched to attack oil targets in East London. A navigation error, so it is believed, caused a fatal error and bombs were dropped on the West End. The following night, Churchill ordered a retaliatory raid on Berlin but the RAF caused very little damage.

Bomber Command, under Sir Charles Portal, drew up plans to attack German aircraft production as early as June 1940, before the fall of France. Priority targets also included shipping, harbours, railways, and the large aqueduct of the Dortmund-Ems Canal. Daylight raids on Luftwaffe airfields was contemplated as well as the bombing of Hitler's Kriegsmarine surface vessels. The concept of area bombing, perfected latter by Sir Arthur Harris, was proposed by Portal but the RAF did not have the aircraft or navigational capability to destroy a German city in 1940. Gee was a long way off at that time. The Germans did have a system they called X-Gerat, which was used to guide their bombers at night. Coventry was destroyed thanks to its application.

Nick Kollerstrom suggests there was an agreement between Germany and Britain not to bomb each others' cities. I would ask him to provide evidence of this, or even evidence of a German proposal for such a deal. Irving, who has written extensively about the effects of the bomber war over Germany, makes no such claim. I recommend reading a copy of his 1962 paper Und Deutschlands Stadte starben nicht (And the German Cities did not Die). Irving's work in the early 60s was untainted by controversy and this is an excellent and factually-accurate study. I could go on but Kollerstrom's assertion, or perhaps allusion, that the RAF initiated the bombing of German cities is unsubstantiated.

I'm surprised that Richard has ventured into this area. It's a minefield.
Joe
#5543 | Posted: 1 Jul 2016 11:43
Nick Kollerstrom also said that no Jews were ever murdered in the labour camps, their bodies were burned after a natural death to avoid the spread of disease, where did he get that information from?
Desdichado
#5544 | Posted: 1 Jul 2016 16:39
Joe:
Nick Kollerstrom also said that no Jews were ever murdered in the labour camps, their bodies were burned after a natural death to avoid the spread of disease, where did he get that information from?

He might have been referring to Belsen. The British 11th Armoured Brigade liberated that place and found bodies piled all over the place: dead from typhus and malnutrition. The inmates were unable to eat standard rations so the RAMC put them on the same stuff they had used in India during the Bengal famines. I don't know what it consisted of but it kept many alive who would have died.

The British buried the corpses. Burial was easier than cremation because the just dug a gigantic pit and pushed the bodies in. There was no crematoria at Belsen.
AllSpark
#5545 | Posted: 14 Jul 2016 18:51
I'd like to see Andrew Johnson as a permanent fixture on Richards show. I think bouncing off each other would work great. Plus they share the same sense of humour me thinks.
Desdichado
#5546 | Posted: 15 Jul 2016 20:14
AllSpark:
I'd like to see Andrew Johnson as a permanent fixture on Richards show. I think bouncing off each other would work great. Plus they share the same sense of humour me thinks.

I like Andrew Johnson too. Always has something good to say. I'd like to see David Cayton on there again too.
Kozmik
#5547 | Posted: 17 Jul 2016 13:40
The latest show is excellent. The photo of John. D. Rockefeller is so creepy! His reptillian eyes! By Dog I wouldn't want to run into him on a dark night!
skipman
#5548 | Posted: 19 Jul 2016 17:33
The latest show about sustainability is apt to this article.
Anyone who really tries to protect the environment ends up dead.

http://www.naturalnews.com/054697_Global_Witness_activists_murders.html
Desdichado
#5549 | Posted: 21 Jul 2016 01:49
Kozmik:
The latest show is excellent. The photo of John. D. Rockefeller is so creepy! His reptillian eyes! By Dog I wouldn't want to run into him on a dark night!

Probably drinks embalming fluid.
Kozmik
#5550 | Posted: 30 Jul 2016 19:03
Desdichado:
Probably drinks embalming fluid.

Hahahahahahaha!
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  368  369  370  371  372  373  374  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®