RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

UFOS

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  »» 
Desdichado
#3016 | Posted: 24 Jun 2015 23:06
Got an email from a colleague up in rural North Carolina where lights in the sky are appearing again as they did last year. He hasn't seen anything that has a shape to it yet but they appear in the wee small hours, put on show, and vanish only too reappear the following night. We plan to drive up there for the 4th of July weekend to see what's going on. I'm taking a camera with me that has a pretty good telephoto lens. It's 35mm not digital so if I snap anything, I'll have a hard time posting the shots. I'll keep you posted.
Kozmik
#3017 | Posted: 25 Jun 2015 16:26
Desdichado:
We plan to drive up there for the 4th of July weekend to see what's going on.

And because of the date, the Deniers will say you saw fireworks.
Desdichado
#3018 | Posted: 26 Jun 2015 01:45
Kozmik:
And because of the date, the Deniers will say you saw fireworks.

I never thought of that. Where he lives is miles away from any town and we'll spend the night outside. The fireworks will just be in his neighbour's yards and they are few and far between.
Kozmik
#3019 | Posted: 29 Jun 2015 18:05
Desdichado:
Where he lives is miles away from any town and we'll spend the night outside.

Hi Desdichado, hope y'all have a nice evening Saturday. Keep those cameras to hand!
Desdichado
#3020 | Posted: 3 Jul 2015 14:21
Kozmik:

Hi Desdichado, hope y'all have a nice evening Saturday. Keep those cameras to hand!

Bloody typical! The weather has turned to shit. We've got a low cloud ceiling and drizzle. Tried to do a bit of sky-watching last night but the cloud was about nine-tenths. Thunderstorms are forecast for today so we're delaying our departure until they pass. I don't like sitting around under trees when there's forked lightning about.
Desdichado
#3021 | Posted: 5 Jul 2015 23:13
Didn't see a thing because of the ten-tenths cloud and light drizzle followed by high winds. It's eased off now and the sun is out. It's about 83 degrees and we're in for clear skies tonight. Hope something shows up.
Kozmik
#3022 | Posted: 8 Jul 2015 17:27
Desdichado:
Hope something shows up.

When looking for UFOs, or anything of a paranormal disposition for that matter, you are most likely to encounter your subject just at the moment you drop your camera. While the skies were doing their thing, so you couldn't see anything, above your vision - UFOs were flying about all over - you just know it! Better luck next time mate.
* Just watched a prog via youTube where the un-pronouncable Seth Shostack just confirmed the same. Not that I've got much time for him, he's one of those SETI folk. 'Nuff said.
Desdichado
#3023 | Posted: 8 Jul 2015 22:31
Nothing. Nada. Nowt. The weather was against us but we enjoyed ourselves nevertheless. My chum is now a huge Richplanet fan and he's working his way through the archives. I have to translate the odd Geordie phrase but he's getting the hang of it. He wants to visit the UK with us next year and go to one of Richard's talks.

Dunno if I ever mentioned this but I had a strange experience when I was a boy. I'd gone blackberry picking with a friend and a teacher during the early autumn of 1967. The teacher was a no-nonsense woman who had served as a WAAF during the Battle of Britain and had been under fire. She was not given to flights of fancy.

We were walking along a river bank in the middle of the countryside. Next to the river was a meadow in the middle of which was a spinney with a few oak trees-good berry picking there to be had. As we ducked through the fence, the very air around the trees seemed to distort and there was a low humming noise coming from somewhere. I tasted metal in my mouth and I developed an immediate headache, and felt pressure on my eyes and ears; as did the other two. The trees were moving as if they were a mirage but a few seconds later, the noise stopped and all looked normal again. I have no idea what we saw but we all saw and experienced the same thing.

Looking back on it, I can't help thinking that we witnessed a UFO that was cloaked or perhaps it was a gateway into another dimension that had opened briefly. Miss D swore us to secrecy and we never spoke about it to anyone else. There were no lasting effects that I know of but could it have been a shared hallucination, a folie de trois so to speak?

Miss D is likely long dead or, if not, she'll be about 90+. I haven't seen my schoolfriend for over 40 years and have no idea if he is still alive or where he might be. I'd like to speak to him again and ask him what he thinks now about it.
skipman
#3024 | Posted: 9 Jul 2015 00:21
Desdichado:
I haven't seen my schoolfriend for over 40 years and have no idea if he is still alive or where he might be. I'd like to speak to him again and ask him what he thinks now about it.

Have you tried Friends Reunited?
Desdichado
#3025 | Posted: 9 Jul 2015 01:18
skipman:

I did. He's not a member. No facebook account either from what I can see.
Kozmik
#3026 | Posted: 11 Jul 2015 19:18
Desdichado:
I'd like to speak to him again and ask him what he thinks now about it.

It defintely sounds like you encountered something. Ever tried regression hypnosis?
Joe
#3027 | Posted: 12 Jul 2015 11:14
Kozmik:

You could try an organisation called "Tracing People" to find your friend > URL
Desdichado
#3028 | Posted: 17 Jul 2015 01:43
Joe:
You could try an organisation called "Tracing People" to find your friend > URL

I got an email a few hours ago from someone I knew from those days. She said she'd heard that my school friend passed away some years ago but she had no details to give me. Sad if true.
Desdichado
#3029 | Posted: 17 Jul 2015 01:46
Kozmik:
It defintely sounds like you encountered something. Ever tried regression hypnosis?

No. I'm not sure what I think about that. I've heard various accounts some saying it works, others that it doesn't. Mind you, I can close my eyes and remember vividly the colours and sensations I felt. I can even smell the berries and the grasses by the riverbank.
nordsee220
#3030 | Posted: 19 Sep 2015 17:48
A story I can remember being on the Tyne Tees TV evening news. My sister went to Leam Lane Secondary Modern school, just across the road from the alleged siting and remembers the stories from 1964,

http://ufologie.patrickgross.org/ce3/1964-06-02-uk-gateshead.htm
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®