RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

UFOS

Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  »» 
Joe
#2986 | Posted: 15 Mar 2015 12:29 | Edited by: Joe
Hagbard Celine:
Did any of you see that appalling UFO programme last night?

No, but I did watch a bit if it now using your link. The programme mocks ufology right from the start by having a stupid comedian hosting the show and he tells you right from the off; "he does not take the subject seriously". It is obvious the programme makers are trying their best to keep people ignorant by hosting the whole subject of ufology in a joking style!

The programme was far too unbearable for me to watch till the end. I hope you are successful Hagbard, in suing the show for going against your wish in not wanting to take part; they have no integrity, so how can they be trusted with anything else.
nordsee220
#2987 | Posted: 15 Mar 2015 14:32 | Edited by: nordsee220
Hagbard Celine:
Did any of you see that appalling UFO programme last night?

I watched it. Incidentally I'm in a similar vein to you Haggy old chum! It's my TV and I'm lodging but when the rare occasion arises that I want to watch something I feel like an intruder! She's ok about it but I have my room with my radio toys and the rest of the house is hers hence the slightly awkward way I feel. Still, I'll be getting the keys for my own place again in the next few days.

Back on track - they DID admit at the start that in the USA more people believe in extraterrestrial life than believe in God.

Tell you what - Let's just ignore the f****rs and get on with our own lives. Trying to help people who don't wanna be helped as long as they have X F*ckall and Britain's F*cked for Talent to make them feel as happy as pigs in shite is a waste of energy. They're up to the tits in debt, whingeing like f*ck about gummint cuts, no pay rises and dead horses in sausages but they refuse to believe that the lying bunch they elect who'd steal their last pennies so their ducks don't have to live out in the rain or would have them wearing tin hats and living in trenches with half a tin of corned beef (gee up Neddy) to eat to protect the banksters' interests would lie to them at this level.

I think that puts things into perspective?

F*ck 'em.
Desdichado
#2988 | Posted: 15 Mar 2015 16:52
Haven't seen it. I wonder if it's anything like "UFO Hunters" which had Bill Birnes fronting it. I like Bill a lot but the resident skeptic was a royal pain in the arse. Jamie Fox had a show for a while but it bombed and he ended up saying that he regretted ever doing it. They always drag out the same tired old NASA debunkers to spout their bullshit just to give the show "balance."
Hagbard Celine
#2989 | Posted: 17 Mar 2015 18:42 | Edited by: Hagbard Celine
Joe:
The programme was far too unbearable for me to watch till the end. I hope you are successful Hagbard, in suing the show for going against your wish in not wanting to take part; they have no integrity, so how can they be trusted with anything else.

I don't blame you for switching off before the end! As it happens Channel 4 capitulated without a fight; I hadn't expected that. I got a call from a lady from Plum Pictures apologizing. The good news is that the programme has been removed from 4OD... The bad news is that it will be put back as soon as Plum have edited me out.
Hagbard Celine
#2990 | Posted: 17 Mar 2015 18:44
nordsee220:
... I think that puts things into perspective?

F*ck 'em.

Definitely. I hope enough people could see through the hype.
Hagbard Celine
#2991 | Posted: 17 Mar 2015 18:48
Desdichado:
Haven't seen it. I wonder if it's anything like "UFO Hunters" which had Bill Birnes fronting it. I like Bill a lot but the resident skeptic was a royal pain in the arse. Jamie Fox had a show for a while but it bombed and he ended up saying that he regretted ever doing it. They always drag out the same tired old NASA debunkers to spout their bullshit just to give the show "balance."

It's odd, but UFO programmes THIS bad as a fairly recent phenomenon. I used to quite like Hunters. Also there were some documentaries in the 80's and 90's that, if not ideal, were head and shoulders over what you get now. Most are available on YouTube. There was Equniox on Dr John Mack and Michael Aspel's Mysteries. Sure, if I'd been in charge they'd have been very different, but they were not bad.
Hagbard Celine
#2992 | Posted: 17 Mar 2015 18:49
Me letters of complaint:

URL
mmotorway
#2993 | Posted: 18 Mar 2015 19:01
Hagbard Celine:
It's odd, but UFO programmes THIS bad as a fairly recent phenomenon.

The problem is that people get sucker-punched into appearing on these programmes, get all kinds of assurances and then the show gets edited to make them look like complete muppets. It happens to even the biggest hitters in UFOlogy, Tim Good, Kevin Randle, et-al . I'm more surprised that these people don't do what you did and complain to the official watchdog.

Good for you mate.
Joe
#2994 | Posted: 18 Mar 2015 20:09 | Edited by: Joe
mmotorway:
It happens to even the biggest hitters in UFOlogy, Tim Good, Kevin Randle, et-al . I'm more surprised that these people don't do what you did and complain to the official watchdog.

Tim Good should have done a Buzz Aldrin and punched the presenter while on the show or is that just the American style!
mmotorway
#2995 | Posted: 18 Mar 2015 20:52
Joe:
Tim Good should have done a Buzz Aldrin and punched the presenter while on the show or is that just the American style!

Chuckle...I think Tim has far too much old fashion British reserve and good upbringing to do a "Buzz"...but it would have been good to see!
Kozmik
#2996 | Posted: 18 Mar 2015 21:21
mmotorway:
..I think Tim has far too much old fashion British reserve and good upbringing to do a "Buzz"...but it would have been good to see!

He could have broke his violin over his head!!
Kozmik
#2997 | Posted: 19 Mar 2015 20:19
Has anyone caught sight of the Northern Lights yet??
skipman
#2998 | Posted: 20 Mar 2015 16:22
No, but did get to see the partial eclipse.
nordsee220
#2999 | Posted: 20 Mar 2015 19:07
Hagbard Celine:
Also there were some documentaries in the 80's and 90's that, if not ideal, were head and shoulders over what you get now.

I think my favourite was "The Cook Report" with Roger Cook.

Cook says that his show was axed after a run in with that stalwart of British Journalism the News of the Screws here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7pliNE2_E

EDIT....STOP PRESS (please)

Sorry! My mistake. They called it the News of the World. I thought it was about people screwing. It definitely didn't seem to me to be about people screwing other people over.
nordsee220
#3000 | Posted: 20 Mar 2015 19:08
nordsee220:
whingeing like f*ck about gummint cuts

...and gummint c*nts...
 Page:  ««  1  2  3  ...  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®