RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.<br>
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added.  This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons. www.richplanet.net community built on miniBB / RICHPLANET.NET FORUM : WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
There is still no decision on whether new members will be added. This can only happen when suitable moderators are in place, who are not easy to find for obvious reasons.
/

TRIVIA

Page:  ««  1  2  ...  122  123  124  125  126  ...  195  196  »» 
skipman
#1846 | Posted: 25 Feb 2012 20:28
skipman:
Clean out your system first skipman

Had nearly 4gigabytes of temporary files(thats scary how much of your hard drive is taken up). Tried again tto access Scroogle,no joy. It turns out it is no longer available, the owner has taken it down due to non stop DDOS attacks??? have move to duckduckgo to get privacy.
Thanks again Joe.
Joe
#1847 | Posted: 25 Feb 2012 21:05
skipman:
Had nearly 4gigabytes of temporary files(thats scary how much of your hard drive is taken up). Tried again tto access Scroogle,no joy. It turns out it is no longer available, the owner has taken it down due to non stop DDOS attacks??? have move to duckduckgo to get privacy.

When we get problems in life (computers are no exception), I've noticed that other problems all seem to come at the same time to confuse the situation. So, your computer updates had nothing to do with you not being able to get "Scroogle" to work, well at least you discovered that, and cleaned out your system - something good did come from it!

By the way skipman, do you use a registry cleaner as well?
skipman
#1848 | Posted: 25 Feb 2012 21:44
Joe:
By the way skipman, do you use a registry cleaner as well?

No just the ccleaner. What does a registry cleaner do?
dreamkatcher
#1849 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 00:10
Joe:
Let's hope it's third time lucky, sounds like you could do with it right now. In the meantime why not use the on-screen keyboard?

This is me you're talking to............. ms. pc illiterate...

Will use laptop until get sorted with keyboard. Maybe sometime later will try on-screen keyboard. lol.

Thanks again.

dk
Joe
#1850 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 00:47
skipman:
No just the ccleaner. What does a registry cleaner do?

CCleaner has its own registry cleaner (used to be known as "issues") just below the normal cleaner, symbolised by a "brush" on the left hand side. However, it does not do a thorough job and you need a good registry cleaner that is specifically designed for that purpose alone.

Every time you download something and uninstall programs or just change anything on your computer etc, your system is left with broken registry files. Over time, these files will accumulate and will cause problems like, slowing down your computer, freezing, crashing, interfering and getting in the way of working files and programs.

These broken files serve no useful purpose and need to be cleaned out on a regular basis, in the same way "you" get rid of temporary files.

If you have never done a registry clean skipman, then your system is going to have literally reels and reels of that mess!

There is a FREE registry program called Eusing, which I have been using for many years along side CCleaner. This software program will make a backup of what it finds and sends it to your documents area, ready for deletion later (I normally delete mine straight away, never had any problems).

Download site: (URL).
Joe
#1851 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 00:55 | Edited by: Joe
dreamkatcher:
This is me you're talking to............. ms. pc illiterate...

At least you're back with us Dk, no matter what your computers throw at you!

dreamkatcher
#1852 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 07:31
Joe:

Ive not been away, just busy at this end, what with school holidays, daughter's wedding preparations, which are on-going, grandson's GCSE's & being taxi to get him to & from school at weird times (they live 6 miles from school, & public transport not good - & I spoil him anyway, as Grannie's tend to do. There are more grandparents in the school car park than anywhere else, lol)

Im better off keeping busy, lol.

Thanks.

dk
wensam
#1853 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 10:09
dreamkatcher:
Im better off keeping busy

Apparently maternal grandmothers are very important for grandchildren- more so than the paternal side- so my mother pointed out via an article in the Daily Mail. Wonder if that's to do with our mitochondrial DNA? So, they are lucky you like to keep busy. :)
dreamkatcher
#1854 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 14:52
wensam:
So, they are lucky you like to keep busy. :)

Ive never been one to sit around, but fractures tend to stop activities, but they do mend, eventually, then you get arthritis in them, lol.

I think Im the lucky one, even though they are often arguing (the parents not the kids) as a lot of grandparents are totally forgotten as they age. I hope that doesnt happen to me.

Life can still be fun....... so Ive been told. haha

dk
skipman
#1855 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 21:37
Joe:
There is a FREE registry program called Eusing

Done .Thanks Joe. Glad there is someone who we can turn to for unbiased computer support.
Joe
#1856 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 22:11 | Edited by: Joe
skipman:
Done .Thanks Joe. Glad there is someone who we can turn to for unbiased computer support.

That's OK, I'll send you the bill later.
dreamkatcher
#1857 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 23:15
skipman:
Thanks Joe. Glad there is someone who we can turn to for unbiased computer support.

He's a gem.

dk
Hagbard Celine
#1858 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 14:27
My girlfriend Sue (known online as "Ustane") told me a brilliant joke today: There's a pub in Oxford called The Cape of Good Hope, see: http://www.thecapeofgoodhopeoxford.co.uk/ She's nicknamed it "The Rape of Nick Pope". I laughed my head off!
Joe
#1859 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 15:36
I never really did think much of Nick Pope, right from the very beginning when I first heard him on the radio - he's just a complete bore and has nothing really to offer on the subject of ufology - I would have to get drunk to listen to him now!
dreamkatcher
#1860 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 17:29
Joe:

Well. Here's the update on pc, & those that "know" will probably get a good laugh, BUT, I admit I cant cope with technology....

Anyway, My desketop was upgraded to Windows 7 by a well known firm here in the north east, then things started going wrong. Me, being me, just thought Id done something wrong, so I bought a new keyboard, a wireless one, & it acted up so I assumed it was me, bought a plug in one which went off as well, I contacted the man who did my system & he wont return my calls, so today I went to see the man in the small pc shop about 5 miles away, got a new keyboard, came back, plugged it in & it wasnt recognised either. I rang him, & even though it was 5pm & closing time, he advised me to plug it into USB on laptop to see if it worked.

Eureka, it did, so he reckons the man who upgraded my desktop used an "older" Mother board which cannot convert the keyboard, & has offered to do it for free tomorrow.

I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO DO IT MYSELF.

Just proves there are some genuine people in this world, (this includes Joe).

Thanks,

dk
 Page:  ««  1  2  ...  122  123  124  125  126  ...  195  196  »» 
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please enter your login/password details upon posting a message, or sign up first
TO JOIN THIS FORUM: WE ARE NOT ADMITTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS POINT IN TIME. THIS IS DUE TO PREVIOUS TROLLS ATTACKING THE FORUM.
We may be considering adding new members on a "block basis". We will collect new member requests and then introduce a new batch. The new memebrs will be identifiable by a prefix in their username as a "new member". Anyone considered to be trolling or causing trouble will be immedialtey removed. To be put on the list please email richard@richplanet.net AND GIVE YOUR US NAME, A USERNAME, PASSWORD. I would imagine a new batch of new members will be added in January 2012.

Forums are powered by miniBB®