Art Campbell has been interested in UFO research since the 1950's. He was an early NICAP investigator and Chairman of a NICAP chapter in Kansas City, MO. He is a retired teacher and school administrator, a Navy veteran, and a published author of the Pacific Northwest. In 1994, with a map from a rancher, he visited a UFO crash site on The Plains of San Augustan. He found a phenomenal amount of material and had it scientifically analyzed. In his book, UFO Crash at San Augustin, Art has painstakingly documented with over 100 photographs and lab analysis the materials found at the site. Art has lectured for many UFO groups and has been a featured guest on many radio shows.
1980 to 2005
* Art Campbell is a published author from the northwest USA. His work has covered primarily pioneer history. Before retirement he served as a teacher, coach and high school principal.
* Mr. Campbell's writing has been fetured in a regional historical quarterly. He has two published books - ''The John Day Drift and Historical Guide'' and ''Antelope: Saga of a Western Town.'' These have been endorsed by the state's leading newspaper, the Oregonian. Some of his work has been translated into talking books and into braille.
1994 to 2005
* His latest book is an entirely different work entitled, ''UFO Crash at San Augustin: Did a UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustin in 1947?'' This project concerns a probable UFO crash in July 1947, 165 miles west of Roswell, New Mexico. A rancher gave Mr. Campbell a hand-drawn map showing an area on his property where a UFO had reportedly crashed. In 1995, Art found what he believes to be this site.
Background - 1958, 1959
* Mr. Campbell worked with Donald E. Keyhoe, the founder of the well-known early UFO organization known as NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena.) Art also was founder of a midwest NICAP group and a NICAP investigator in those years.
* He made a contact with ex-president Truman in the spring of 1958 at the Truman Library in Independence, Missouri.
* Keyhoe's subsequent letter to President Truman begins Mr. Campbell's UFO book with accompanying material sent to the president in the appendix.
* Art also conducted an investigation of a contact claim by George Adamski for NICAP. Adamski visited the Kansas City area in 1958, claiming he had been whisked to Davenport, Iowa from the Kansas City train yards. Campbell's subsequent investigation proved that the train had not stopped as Adamski claimed. In a fascinating chapter entitled ''George Adamski and the Rock Island 508'' goes into some depth into this investigation.
1994 to 2005
* While doing numerous archaeological digs at the site on the Plains of San Augustin, Campbell found many items which are as follows:
* An artifical 3-layered container about the size of a human fist, believed to be some kind of an artificial body organ.
* Seven kinds of unusual foil containing high levels of silicon, iron and manganese (unknown to the foil industry.)
* Some strange wax material which may have been some kind of an insulation coating inside the UFO
* Also found of a similar material was the remains of a small structural member (possibly a tiny I-beam)
* Two shoe soles of different sizes of an extremely narrow width. Art's book goes into great detail with photographs and analyses of these shoe soles.
Art also has gone into great depth concerning the lives of the people connected to this event. He feels that the reader will get a better handle on the UFO crash details if the reader gets to know individuals involved. Art has spoken to many groups in the U.S., including:
The Bay UFO Conference
The Laughlin Conference
The Retrievals Conference in Las Vegas
Various MUFON groups
Also, radio and television interviews
Here is what has been said concerning Art's book and his presentations:
* ''We would recommend Art's talk to any serious UFO group. The scientific analysis, his video and photographs are great.'' San Joe MUFON
* ''There is no doubt that something crashed at this site...the Plains of San Augustin back in 1947.'' Art Bell Show, George Noory
* ''Art Campbell has done an incredible job of researching the recovery of a crashed flying saucer in the Plains of San Augustin in NM at about the same time as the Roswell crash. He has an exciting story to tell. I highly recommend him and his program.'' Stanton T. Friedman, Nuclear Physicist